Effective and Last Updated: October 24, 2012
1) Information Collected
We collect two types of information from you: i) information that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g. through a voluntary registration process, sign-ups, job postings, orders, personal profile creation or emails); and ii) information that is derived through automated tracking mechanisms. This information can be classified as personally identifiable information ("PII") and non-personally identifiable information ("Non-PII"), also referred to as aggregate and anonymous data.
Voluntary Registration Information.
Voluntary Information for Services and Features
- We [also] collect personally identifiable information when you choose to use certain other features of the Site, including: i) establishing a personal profile (associated with the pseudonymous identify that you provided during the registration process on the Site), ii) making purchases, iii) consenting to receive email or text messages about upcoming promotions or events, iv) consenting to receive email, v) participating in our forum, vi) searching for other members and customizing your search experience, vii) participating in chat, viii) reporting members and abuse, ix) commenting on articles, and others. When you choose to use these additional features, we may require you to provide your “Contact Information” in addition to other personal information that may be required to complete a transaction such as your phone number, billing and shipping addresses, and credit card information. Through making a purchase and participating in activities and transactions on our website that require monetary compensation you consent to the provision of your financial information to our service providers and to such third parties as we ascertain necessary to process and support your activities and transactions including your credit card issuer for their purposes. Credit card companies, data processing companies, and banking institutions may be included in the third parties used to process and support your transactions and activities on the Site. We collect demographic information such as country to assist us in personalizing your user experience through our services such as your job and personal profile listings. Occasionally, we may also request information such as your job preferences which will help us better serve you and our others users in the future.
Third-Party Cookies: In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertisers may place or recognize a unique "cookie" on your browser.
You may choose to invite friends to join the FiveStead.Com by sending invitation emails. FiveStead.Com does not sell email addresses or use them to send any other communication besides their intended purpose.
3) How We Use Your Information
FiveStead.Com only uses your personal information for the original purposes it was given. Your personal information will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without your approval at the time of collection.
FiveStead.Com will not disclose, use, give or sell any personal information to third parties for any purposes other than to our suppliers and other third parties who need to know in order to deliver services on behalf of FiveStead.Com unless required to do so by law. Further, FiveStead.Com reserves the right to contact you regarding matters relevant to the underlying service provided and/or the information collected.
Please note that personally identifiable information is used only to provide you with a more enjoyable, convenient online experience and to help us identify and/or provide information, products or services that may be of interest to you and optimized for you. We use your personally identifiable information to customize and personalize the content and context of the Site and its pages for each individual member and to support and enhance your use of the Site and its features, including without limitation: fulfilling your order; providing customer service; and otherwise supporting your use of the Site.
FiveStead.Com may use your personal information for delivering promotional services and target advertising toward you based on country, job preferences, etc.
We may permit certain trusted third parties to track usage, analyze data such as the source address that a page request is coming from, your IP address (a sequence of numbers associated with your computer) or domain name, the date and time of the page request, the referring Web site (if any) and other parameters in the URL. This is collected in order to better understand our Web site usage, and enhance the performance of services to maintain and operate the Site and certain features on the Site. We may use third parties to host the Site; operate various features available on the Site; send emails; analyze data; provide search results and links and assist in fulfilling your orders. To assist us in maintaining the Site, personalizing your user experience and to identify technical problems with our servers your IP address may be used. Through referencing your IP address no personally revealing information about you is disclosed.
Also, we may share personally identifiable or other information with our parent, subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates. For internal analysis, research and development we may share some of this collected information with our advisors, consultants or third party partners.
We may transfer personally identifiable information as an asset in connection with a proposed or actual merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale or other change in control.
FiveStead.Com may disclose Contact Information in special cases where we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our terms and conditions of use or service or may be causing injury or interference with our rights, property, our members and customers or anyone who could be harmed by such activities.
WE ARE NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE OR OTHER INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO SUBMIT IN FORUMS SUCH AS A BULLITON BOARD, CHAT ROOMS, ON YOUR ACCOUNT PROFILE, ON YOUR JOB POSTING, AND THROUGH MESSAGING WITH OTHER MEMBERS SUCH AS THROUGH YOUR INBOX, OR ANY OTHER PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE AREA OF THE SITE.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and for business and administrative purposes. We may also use or share with third parties for any purpose aggregated data that contains no personally identifiable information.
4) How We Protect Your Information
We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We take appropriate security measures to protect your information against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and data stored on our system. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we have implemented reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
5) Third Party Advertising
Advertisements appearing on this Site may be delivered to you by FiveStead.Com or one of our Web advertising partners. Our Web advertising partners may set cookies. Doing this allows the advertising partners to recognize your computer each time they send you an advertisement. In this way, they may compile information about where you, or others who are using your computer, saw their advertisements, and determine which advertisements are clicked. This information allows an advertising partner to deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you. FiveStead.Com does not have access to or control of the cookies that may be placed by the third party advertising servers of ad partners.
6) Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information and Preferences
We provide mechanisms for updating and correcting your personal information for many of our services. You may modify or remove any of your personal information at any time by logging into your account and accessing features such as profile settings.
7) Email Choice/Opt-out
It’s our policy to avoid sending unsolicited email that is not relevant to the Site and its services. Our members are automatically opted-in to receive email messages to the email address they used to register with the Site. If you believe to have received or have evidence of unsolicited email that has been initiated by us, directly or indirectly, that is not relevant to the Site and its services it should immediately be brought to our attention through our contact form.
8) Children's Privacy and Parental Controls
We do not solicit any personal information from children. If you are not 18 or older, you are not authorized to use the Site. Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that can be used to prevent children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors.
9) Disclaimer to Security
10) Canada's Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act
11) Notification of Changes
12) CONTACT INFORMATION:
1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801
Toronto, Ontario M5E-1W7, Canada